Gal Harmat CV
Address: 21/6 Bairon St, Tel Aviv, Israel
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
• PhD candidate Nitra University, Slovakia. Gender analysis of Multi- cultural Education
• European Peace University, Austria, research certificate.
• UN University for Peace M.A with distinction Gender and Peace Building, Costa Rica.2003-2004
• Kalisher Contemporary Art academy, Tel Aviv, Israel B.A with distinction. Documentary photography. 1995-1999
• International University of People's Institutions for Peace, Rovereto, Italy. Human- governance, global solidarity and people's diplomacy. Summer 1999
• Reut-Sadaka, Israeli Palestinian dialogue and facilitation course. 1997
• Barnco Wise Education Institute, Tel Aviv Israel, facilitation course.1994-1995
• Haemak College, Emek Israel, Israel, Art and political science.1992-1993
• Currently teaching Peace Education at the Social Justice and Peace Education teachers’ training program at the Kibbutzim Teachers College and facilitating extensively multi-cultural and peace education workshops since 2004.
• Teaching a Gender and Peace Building intensive course at the European Peace University in Austria since 2004.
• Independent consultant for the UN, the OSCE, UNIFEM, the EU, and COE in various conflict regions around the world since 2000.
• Assessment, evaluation and strategies development for peace and education organizations in Moldova – With the OSCE Mission to Moldova. Facilitating ongoing trainings on Peace Building.
• Facilitating international trainings for UN workers, Diplomats, Peace Workers, Grassroots activists, Educators, Peace and Development experts, and Aid Workers on Gender and Peace Building and Peace Education. With TRANSCEND - a Peace and Development Organisation for Conflict Transformation by Peaceful Means www.transcend.org
• Member of the Assessment and Evaluation of Curriculum and Teaching Methods for TRANSCEND Peace University.
Development of strategies, Gender Mainstreaming and Peace Education trainings for Reut-Sadaka, Israeli Palestinian Youth Movement. 2006.
Online course on Gender and Militarism, at TPU – TRANSCEND Peace University. 2005-2006.
Guest Lecturer at the Haifa University, MBA. The Multi-Cultural Management Training Program For Young Jewish And Arab Business Leaders. In collaboration with The Center For Arab–Jewish Economic Development For Building Business Bridges, Summer and fall 2004.
Group facilitator. Conducting extensive Teachers’ Trainings at IPCRI - Israel Palestine Center for Reconciliation, Jerusalem and Beit Lehem. Facilitating Jewish-Palestinian encounter groups. Gender consultation with regard to the needs of post conflict societies for directors of social change and peace organization and for high schools teachers and directors. 2002-2003.
Seeds of Peace International Co-Existence Youth Groups training in Maine, USA. Jewish-Palestinian, India-Pakistan and the Balkans Multicultural group facilitator. Summer 2002.
General Director, Mahapach, Student Movement for Social Change, Tel Aviv. Extensive work including leading and directing a staff of 15 full time community organizers, 400 students and responsible for 1,200 children; Fund raising and managing 4 million-shekel budget; Negotiating with different governmental ministries; Conducting academic research regarding social development in local communities. 2001-2002.
Facilitator of various Gender Empowerment and Dialogue Management workshops, for NDC- Nansen Dialog Center, under PRIO (Norwegian Foreign Ministry), in Dubrovnic- Croatia, Podgorica-Montenegro, Moster-Sarajevo, BaineLuka-Bosnia Herzegovina. In charge of peace and genderial needs assessment trainings for journalists, young politicians, lawyers and teachers. The extensive trainings included field research regarding women rights violations, mainly regarding violence against woman, labor and rape as a weapon of war.
1999-2006: Independent Consultant and Facilitator of various Youth Arab-Israeli Dialogue and Reconciliation groups for various organizations: Nir – School of The Heart, Givaat Haviva, Neve Shalom – Wahat El-Salam, IPCRI, Children of Peace, Beit Haagefen, Peace Now, Reut-Sadaka, Peace Quest.
Exhibitions And Creative Work
"Frequent refugee", photos from Bosnia in Jerusalem, "Mosrara Gallery" Jerusalem 2002.
Artists Against the Israeli Occupation, "Markaz El Baka" gallery Jaffa, 2000
Graduate exhibition, Kalisher Contemporary Art Academy, Tel Aviv, 1999
Palestinian and Israeli political art group exhibition, "Markaz El Baka" gallery Jaffa, 1999
Women exhibition, Kalisher Contemporary Art Academy, Tel Aviv, 1998.
"Displace", photo and video exhibition of displaced persons from around the world, Jerusalem Art Biennale, 1997
“Dialogue Encounters, Training for Trainers Guide”, Internal Publication booklet for Reut Sadaka, Yaffa, 2005
"T4T", Internal facilitation booklet, Norway, NDC 2001
"Revolutionary booklet", internal articles booklet for "Mahapach", a social change movement. Tel Aviv, 2002
The Privatization of (Women’s) Education, Peace and Conflict Monitor, University for Peace, May 2004.
Scholarships, Fellowships and Awards:
Rotary Award for Peace Studies, Austria 2004.
European Peace University scholarship, Austria 2004.
Graduated with Honorary Distinction from UN University for Peace. Costa Rica 2003
The Government of Finland Fellowship Award for Gender and Peace. Costa Rica 2003
Summer Semester, Peace Scholarship, International University of People's Institutions for Peace. Rovereto, Italy 1999.
Graduated with honors, Kalisher Art Academy. 1999.
Kalisher Art Academy excellence award 1997.
Kalisher Art Academy excellence award 1998.
ADDITIONAL PERSONAL INFORMATION:
Born in Nazareth, 24/8/1975.
Member of TARSCEND
Languages: Hebrew, English, German, Arabic